Philharmonic

IV Yankelevitch International
Violin Competition
The Hall of Organ and Chamber Music
Omsk Philharmonic Society
The Hall of Organ and Chamber Music
Omsk Philharmonic Society
Located in the historic center of Omsk, the Hall of Organ and Chamber Music has an intricate history. The architectural complex, built in 1906-1916 including a hotel, the Public Assembly, the Crystal Palace Cinema, which in 1922 was renamed Khudozhestvenny, has always been at the heart of cultural and social life of the city.
Located in the historic center of Omsk, the Hall of Organ and Chamber Music has an intricate history. The architectural complex, built in 1906-1916 including a hotel, the Public Assembly, the Crystal Palace Cinema, which in 1922 was renamed Khudozhestvenny, has always been at the heart of cultural and social life of the city.

So in 1932, the first sound film - Road to Life - was shown there.
So in 1932, the first sound film - Road to Life - was shown there.
For decades Khudozhestvenny was one of the most popular cinemas in town; the cinemagoers queued there to watch the best domestic and foreign films, to attend film festivals and performances of musical groups and actors.

Starting from 1940 the audience could enjoy live music performed by a small orchestra before the show; and on the fourth floor the concert bureau, which was later transformed into Omsk Philharmonic Society, was opened.
Another milestone in the history of Khudozhestvenny was in 1997, when it was decided to move there the organ from the St. Nicholas Cathedral of the Cossack, because in 1991 all concerts there were cancelled due to the revival of worship services in it.

The organ made by the specialists of Rieger-Kloss and installed in Omsk in 1983, has 3 manuals, 64 registers and 3,700 pipes. The organ installation in Khudozhestvenny was preceded by large-scale renovation.
The house with a balcony, columns, restored moldings proved to be more favorable acoustically for the organ than its former "residence" - the St. Nicholas Cathedral.

The organ was moved and installed by the Rieger-Kloss specialists. In August of 1998 the first trial organ concerts were held there.
For decades Khudozhestvenny was one of the most popular cinemas in town; the cinemagoers queued there to watch the best domestic and foreign films, to attend film festivals and performances of musical groups and actors.

Starting from 1940 the audience could enjoy live music performed by a small orchestra before the show; and on the fourth floor the concert bureau, which was later transformed into Omsk Philharmonic Society, was opened.
Another milestone in the history of Khudozhestvenny was in 1997, when it was decided to move there the organ from the St. Nicholas Cathedral of the Cossack, because in 1991 all concerts there were cancelled due to the revival of worship services in it.

The organ made by the specialists of Rieger-Kloss and installed in Omsk in 1983, has 3 manuals, 64 registers and 3,700 pipes. The organ installation in Khudozhestvenny was preceded by large-scale renovation.
The house with a balcony, columns, restored moldings proved to be more favorable acoustically for the organ than its former "residence" - the St. Nicholas Cathedral.

The organ was moved and installed by the Rieger-Kloss specialists. In August of 1998 the first trial organ concerts were held there.
2000 can be regarded as a turning point in the fate of the Hall of Organ and Chamber Music and the organ itself thanks to the direct initiative of Leonid Konstantinovich Polezhaev, the Governor of Omsk Oblast, who approved the decision to accelerate the reconstruction works.
2000 can be regarded as a turning point in the fate of the Hall of Organ and Chamber Music and the organ itself thanks to the direct initiative of Leonid Konstantinovich Polezhaev, the Governor of Omsk Oblast, who approved the decision to accelerate the reconstruction works.

The Grand Opening of the Hall was held in 2002. The public was shown the Organ Hall, the Chamber Hall and the magnificent glittering lobby.

These halls today welcome not only the groups and soloists of the Omsk Philharmonic Society but also such stars of the world academic stage. It was there that the auditions of the Yankelevitch International Violin Competition held.
The Grand Opening of the Hall was held in 2002. The public was shown the Organ Hall, the Chamber Hall and the magnificent glittering lobby.
These halls today welcome not only the groups and soloists of the Omsk Philharmonic Society but also such stars of the world academic stage. It was there that the auditions of the Yankelevitch International Violin Competition held.
Address and phone number
The Hall of Organ and Chamber Music
Partizanskaya str., 4, Omsk


+7 (3812) 20-01-51
www.omfil.ru
Address and phone number
The Hall of Organ and Chamber Music
Partizanskaya str., 4, Omsk


+7 (3812) 20-01-51
www.omfil.ru
THE ORGANIZERS OF THE COMPETITION
OUR PARTNERS
Write Close
Close
Do you have any questions? Contact us!
After clicking the button, you allow to process your personal data in terms of privacy policy